Saturday, November 1, 2008

Football and Family

My side of the family (my mom and dad, brother Eic and his wife Amy and son Espen, my sister Kari and her hubby Jonathan) came up to Fort Collins this weekend to watch the CSU/BYU football game, which turned out to be THE MOST AWESOME LOSS EVER. Well, maybe not EVER, CSU has had some STUNNING losses against CU, but this definitely was in the Top 3. (For reference and because you care, the top 2 were losses to CU in 2005 and 2006. Losing in the final seconds, either by a ridiculously long field goal or by getting held at the 1-yard line, was craaaaazy). So by "stunning" I mean that it was edge-of-your-seat action from start to finish, not that we got stunned by how badly we were beat. So tonight's game started out with a touchdown by BYU (which didn't count after a flag on the play) but then CSU responded with their own touchdown (for real) only minutes later. Then BYU. Then CSU. Then BYU. Then CSU. Again and again and again! I know this means the game wasn't really great because obviously both teams had pitiful defenses and couldn't stop a pass or a run to save their souls, but it really makes it fun to watch! The final play, with only 22 seconds left, was made by BYU, leaving the score 45-42. I will have a scruffy voice tomorrow, I may have none at all, thanks to screaming and screaming and screaming. So goodnight, and enjoy that extra hour of rest, people!
Wearing the front carrier so when CSU scored I could jump up and down and not lose my grip on Patrick. Obviously he's not IN the front carrier here....
Joe with Patrick, Amy (S.I.L), Espen (nephew), and Eric (bro)
Double-fisting
Grandpa simultaniously rooted for BYU (hat) and CSU (sweatshirt). He must be getting old, he's wearing a sweatshirt and everyone around is wearing t-shirts. That, or we just need to buy him a CSU t-shirt!

3 comments:

Elsha said...

Yeah, it's way more fun to watch score after score than to watch teams go 3 and out and have to punt over and over.

Kari and Jonathan said...

It was most definitely an exciting game!!

Erin said...

That game was insane. INSANE. I thought Spencer was going to kill over at various points. Then, I thought that he (and his sis and her boyfriend) were going to get a CSU-style beating on the way out to the car. Not a good idea to rock the Cougar apparel after a game that tight!