Monday, November 3, 2008

Scrapbooking

Kari and Jonathan, knowing our limitless talents and bottomless generosity (wait, who am I talking about? that's definitely not us) asked us for some unique wedding gifts. From Joe: a handmade pot rack. Joe made his own pot rack, hung in our last apartment (but not this one, the gaping holes in the ceiling it leaves from being mounted were just not worth it when we'd only be staying here 6 months) and Kari took a liking to it and asked for her own. Of course Joe went to work an made one 10 times better and more attractive for them - he considered swapping them out, giving US the new one and THEM the old one, but that bottomless generosity got him again :) Sadly, we have no photos of this amazing pot rack, and of course I can't take any since it now lives in Pueblo with its proud owners, so just use your imagination.

From me, they asked for a whole lot of scrapbooking. Kari scrapbooks, to be sure, but she doesn't do it as much as I do and she thought I might do a "better" job with her wedding photos. I'm not sure why she thought this, my own scrapbooked wedding album was pretty simple and unimpressive, but whatever. It was a big compliment and my inflated ago said "yes!" before I had a chance to talk sense into it. So I started scrapbooking her engagement and honeymoon photos as a warm-up to the wedding (don't want to start out with the big stuff first and get better as you head into the small things) and, like Joe's gift, they turned out 10 times better than anything I've made for myself. I was REALLY sad they were for her, not me! So as a way for keeping them for myself, I made another blog - willscrapbookforfood.blogspot.com - where I can post projects I've done that I'm especially proud of. Feel free to check it out if you, too, like to scrapbook. Or you can just look at the 2-page preview below, my feelings won't be hurt. They won't even be hurt if you shut your eyes and refuse to look at the preview! Because, like this blog was originally created for the grandparents, that blog was created for me because those scrapbooks will go live with uncle pot rack in Pueblo and I will be sad if I don't get to see them again. Please ignore the carpet, distortion and color change (the backgrounds are really the same color); I wanted to scan the pages in, but 12x12 is just too big for our home scanner, so I took photos, which are never perfect. But I'll take what I can get.

1 comment:

Kari and Jonathan said...

i already told you that I loved the whole scrapbook but looking at this reminds me how much I love it and can't wait til it lives with me and "uncle potrack." hahahaha, which we also LOVE!