Friday, November 14, 2008

His exact words were...

In the shower last night I got all inspired to chop my hair. This is a particularly good time to get inspired for such a thing, as I will NOT chop my hair, despite the inspiration, if it requires that I shampoo my hair when I was not planning to. I am a lazy shampooist. But the baby was in bed, the hubby busy working on homework, and I had wet hair and some good hair shears and NO FEAR. Here's how it turned out:

Here's what Joe said: "Did you trim your hair?"
Me: "Ummmmmmm....yeah...... and cut some bangs......"
Joe: "Oh, I thought you'd just styled it differently."
Me: "You didn't know I didn't have bangs?"
Joe: "I thought maybe you just brushed them to the side all the time, but tonight you styled them."


I have not had bangs since my awful sophomore year class photo when my bangs were horribly lop-sided (once again, wet hair and NO FEAR, but perhaps I should have had some). So Joe has never known me when I had bangs. Do all guys think we are secretly hiding bangs? 2 1/2 years of marriage; you'd think he would notice! Do I laugh or cry? :) (I'm laughing, but it is sad laughter....)

4 comments:

The Miz said...

It's really cute! Nice job No Fear. And yes, husbands think that we hide bangs and only bring them out on special occasions.

Elsha said...

Cute hair! Are you sure those bangs weren't just hiding out in there until you brought them out? Seems logical to me...

Kari and Jonathan said...

Boys will be boys.

Psycho Dad said...

Did you tell him, "It was just a joke?"