Wednesday, November 5, 2008

DANG IT

I forgot to blog yesterday. I knew it when I woke up this morning. No zombie sock puppets for me :(

But who cares when I have the entire Twilight series to sit around and read??? It all started with a trip to the Library on Monday to see if they had a copy of Twilight, a book about vampires and the teenage girl who loves one of 'em. I wanted to re-read it before going to see the movie, but it was doubtful that they'd have a copy since the movie's coming out soon and my re-read idea is not that original... but they had a copy of the Travelling Pants 4 right before the movie came out, so why not? I'll tell you why not: because there are 103 holds on the 27 copies they have of Twilight! And 63 holds on Eclipse. I didn't even bother to check the others. So I came home and lamented to Joe, who sympathized. I think he might even consider reading it himself; he definitely wants to see the movie (although maybe he's just dying for a movie date; we haven't been in a while). This afternoon he came home with a big (and heavy!) surprise: the complete series! Shrink-wrapped and everything. He said it's my early birthday present!!! :-D But he refused to sing to me until it's my actual birthday :( But hooray! I have my spare time filled since I am no longer contractually obligated to blog every day all month long (didn't last long, did I?)
Ahhhh, Edward, being undead never looked so good

4 comments:

Elsha said...

I was totally going to call you last night and ask where your post was but then I was like- oh, it's only 6:30, she'll post. I should have called!!

But, yay for Twilight! I'm totally going to re-read the series before the movie comes out.

Erin said...

Oh boy. You've been sucked in too. Say goodbye to any and all other leisure activities. Seriously. Sucked in. I'm there.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

I am holding Elsha personally responsible for not calling me on Tuesday, thus allowing me to miss a blog post, and she is liable for any damages - both mental and monetary - incurred due to this oversight.

AKA, you should make me a prize just for signing up to do this with you :)

hibiscusgirl said...

my mother in law came down yesterday & said she was hooked on the twilight series....I had never even heard of it. should I read it? I'm almost done with marley & me. I love reading!