Monday, November 17, 2008

My brother Eric is not allowed to read this post

Not that I don't love my brother Eric (I do!) but this post is about a particular present I made for his son, since we drew their names for Christmas. It's so cute, though, I wanted to show it off before I gift-wrapped it and gave it away, and I'm much too impatient to wait to post about it til after Christmas! Plus, what if someone wants to be a creative copycat? I couldn't deprive them of the pleasure. So now, Eric, STOP READING, unless you want to spoil the surprise for yourself.







I'll give you adequate space so you don't "accidentally" read it.










Is that enough?







My sister Elsha made a cute "taggies" pillow for her daughter, who likes to chew on the tags of the toys rather than play with the toy itself. In that spirit I thought, "hey! I could do that, too! But you know what would be more manly than a pillow? a DINOSAUR." And then I thought, "We have a number of stuffed animals and Patrick really doesn't play with any of them, OR their tags. But I still really want to make one." So I decided to make it as a gift. Here is my tagg-o-rrific Stegosaurus:

3 comments:

Kari and Jonathan said...

Love it!!

The Miz said...

That is sooo cute! Don't you just love handmade things?

hibiscusgirl said...

that is so cute! I've seen those around at various stores in different varieties!