Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Shoes, glorious shoes!

Today Patrick turned 10 months old! Hooray for double-digits! This is a whole new phase of his life, as he will be in the double-digits of months up until 99 months, or 8 years and 3 months. That is a LONG TIME. Patrick didn't do much celebrating, but I did - in the form of sewing up a storm! With some fabric remnants I had laying around (I have BAGS of remnants, yet I still crave more....) I whipped up these shoes based on a pattern a friend sent me. Thanks, friend! The pattern can be yours, too, if you are willing to click HERE. Their features shoes are way cuter than mine, you'll see, because I cannot find my bag o' buttons to save my life. I sewed those cute button dinosaur eyes on and then the bag ran away, so I have no "flair" for PJ's kicks :( And also, his are plain, dark colors because a) he's learning to walk and they actually get dirty, and b) he was only in posession of brown shoes, which do not match any of his black outfits. Now that I have practical shoes, I can move on to brightly-colored, zany patterns that match absolutely none of his shirts. Hooray!

1 comment:

hibiscusgirl said...

cute!! you must think I'm strange that I don't care if Max's only pair of shoes he owns don't match any outfit!! I can understand if you don't want to hang out anymore! Aren't buttons a choking hazard ?? j/k!