Friday, November 7, 2008

It's the most grateful time of the year

I'm blending myspace and blogging, since I was tagged in this myspace post but am too far gone with blogger to even think about writing on myspace anymore. It is the Top 10 Thankful-for list for 2008! (for me, at least)

1. My husband. I could make a miniature top-10 list of why I'm glad he's my husband and not yours! (Similarly, you married folk could make a list of why you're glad you married your man and not mine! Funny how we're all grossed out at the thought of another person's spouse but imagine everyone is totally jealous of ours) But instead I'll get sappy and tell you he is my DREAM BOAT, the guy I always wanted to marry but never thought I'd end up with, but -as luck and a marriage license would have it - he's mine. And I'm more grateful than I could express in 100 blogs or more! (p.s. this is us when we were dating - teehee!)2. Patrick, for so many reasons. He has put an entirely new spin on my life, made me a mommy and Joe a daddy and US a family. Plus, he's really cute and makes me laugh :-D
3. Strong Faith. You always hear the tough decisions in life aren't tough at all when you've made up your mind beforehand (like drinking or smoking or something), and it seems like faith is the same kind of thing. When I come upon tough questions in life it's so much easier to face them with my mind already made up and my heart in the right place.
4. Talents. I really consider myself a jack of all trades, having no willpower or desire to completely devote myself to one thing or another. But I love so many things (piano, scrapbooking, art, interior design, cooking, violin, sewing...) that I feel very blessed that I have such an easy time with them all. It would be very bad if I loved scrapbooking but it took ages and I hated the way my pages turned out. It would be like being alergic to your favorite food!

5. Books. In spite of all of my aforementioned loves, if I have to choose between reading a good book and sewing an awesome new skirt, reading will win out almost every time. Sometimes this is obnoxious, as it causes loads of laundry to go unfolded, but who could stay mad at a good book and a blanket? Nobody, that's who. 6. Arrested Development. Yeah, it's been off the air forever, but Joe and I rented all the seasons and we were rolling off the couch together! It's been the source of referred side comments ever since, which are ALWAYS good for a chuckle. 7. Nursing. This has certainly had its ups and downs, but over the long term it's been not only good for Patrick, but GREAT for my waistline! Nursing bras: $20. Breastpump (that I melted half of): $60. Extra-large grocery bill because I'm continuously ravenous: $300. Weighing less than I did before I got pregnant: priceless. 8. One silver Honda Pilot. It's not new, but it's new to us! And every time I climb in our "new" car I am SO glad we bought it. From grocery trips to car trips it gets good gas mileage and gets us where we need to go, and we never have to worry if we'll have enough room for our luggage or if it will make the trip over the mountains.
9. Diplomas! Getting mine in May was more than amazing, it was a flat-out MIRACLE. Now Joe is graduating in December with his second degree, and we'll finally be done with college! forever. Now THAT is something to be grateful for!
10. Connections. With so much going on this year - having a baby of my own and gaining a beautiful neice and nephew, turbulent months of family members in and out of the hospital, numerous family trips, etc - it would have been so hard without cell phones, email, and (of course) blogs. I love seeing photos of the babies as they grow, my sisters as they make their houses homes, and hearing updates from family and friends alike! So when Patrick takes a nap (or goes to bed ridiculously early like tonight) I get a chance to reach out beyond my own living room! I don't know how people did it before technology, seriously. Hats off to you!

There they are People! I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!! And lots to be thankful for!! I know I do!
Kirsta

2 comments:

hibiscusgirl said...

Happy T-day month to you! it's my favorite holiday ever!!! we have so much to be thankful for in the country many have NO idea!!!

Andrea said...

ok if this is the same Krista I know and love then you forgot one very important thankful....FOOD! That's what I always have loved about you is that we both LOVE TO EAT and not only that but we are proud of it!
Thanks for the thankfuls. We really are so blessed. I'm happy you found your perfect match too!