Saturday, September 20, 2008

No! Shark! Bite me!

Things said or done do NOT get lived down in my family, and the title of this blog is no exception - I said it when I was about 5 (?) years old at Sea World when I was scared to get my picture taken with a fake Shamu. I thought he was a shark. At least that's what I hear the story is, I have no recollection of it because I was SO YOUNG. Yet still unable to live it down. At Christmas, ask me what a "lote-bulb" is, I haven't lived that down, either.


This week, though, I showed that shark what was up and bit it back in the form of dinner: shark steaks. They were at Safeway, $2.50 a pound, so I picked some up knowing how AWESOME it would be to eat shark. And it really was - I grilled 'em up and served them with grilled zuccini and grilled nectarines (yumm-o-licious). That was our fun culinary adventure for the week.
On our little grill
On our dinner plates!

4 comments:

Psycho Dad said...

I'll bet some shark, somewhere, is saying, "No! Kirsta! Bite me!" And, by the way, it's not that we don't let you live things down; it's that we live them up, forever and ever. After all, these are the joys that garnish our lives.

The Miz said...

You're a braver soul than I.

Elsha said...

Looks delicious!

Eric and Amy said...

Killer whales eat people too, sometimes. Maybe YOU were the smart one and we were the fools.

Play that card.