Monday, September 15, 2008

A day without a baby

Saturday was AMAZING because it was the first day I've EVER spent away from Patrick! Joe took him down to hang out with family in Denver and they were gone from 10 am til about 7:30 p.m. In the morning I was so worried - would he be fussy? Would he get hungry without me there? (He eats solids, but we still haven't tried completely replacing meals yet; he won't take a bottle, and he drinks his sippy cup but not enough to compare to what he gets from me) Would he take a nap without me there to nurse him down? Gah! All these worries. Then I manned up and realized that me worrying would not change a THING (besides making me miserable) so I decided to just enjoy my day. And I DID! Inspired by Jonathan's spur-of-the-moment craftiness (see his bookshelf on Kariandjonathan.blogspot.com) I got things done that I have been putting off, or things I would have put off that I'm just starting.
A scarf I knitted 3 years ago, but the yarn is scratchy acrylic, so I wanted to back it with some soft fleece. FINALLY did that.
Close-up on the pattern. It's really a cool scarf, I have no idea why I waited that long to finish it.
A hand-decorated quilt pieced together for Lindsay Halgren's new baby girl (not finished, but it's a great start!)
A bag for holding bibs and washcloths. These were being kept in Patrick's room, in a really cute holder, but every time we had dinner or a snack we had to run to his room to get what we needed.
Now it's tied on to the back of his chair in the dining room. VERY handy!

2 comments:

Elsha said...

I am going to bring my knitting with me over thanksgiving, because I am having ISSUES. My book isn't very helpful.

Lindsay said...

LOVE the bib holder. Such a good idea!