Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Trailer trash

We all know I'm dumpster diver (no new treasures lately, but just wait until college gets out!) but lately I've really been getting into our trailer - bike trailer, that is. Patrick LOVES it and wants to ride in it every day, rain or shine (or SNOW, which will definitely not fly), which has turned out to be great exercise for me*. Right now we only have one hook-up for it, so it stays permanently hooked up to my bike since Joe only comes along on weekends or night he gets off work early (sooooo... back to weekends), but this seems pretty darn unfair when Joe, the big strong male, is pedaling along on his merry way while his pregnant wife tows their other child in a trailer behind her. We're gonna need another hook-up, I say. I purposely did not include pictures of myself, since I'm wearing a bike helmet, which does not mesh well with bangs.
Enjoying the shade, holding the snack dispenser, which he REFUSES to let go of, and it's not even ours! I'd better buy one quick before I see the girl and have to give it back...


Hooray! At the park! ...Again! Third bike ride today!

*This is all part of Kirsta's Accidental Weight-Loss Plan. Apparently, all you have to do is get pregnant (seems counter-productive, but stay with me) and then nurse when you have the baby! It's like all those celebrities claim! It's really helpful if your baby inflicts gross dietary restrictions upon you, forcing you to eat brown rice and chicken breasts with green beans instead of the chocolate ice cream and cheese you so desperately crave; then your baby should be extra-clingy, causing you to get away the cheapest way you know how - $2 babysitting at the gym for 2 hours (you'll burn calories no matter how slow you go if you walk for 2 whole hours); then, clingy baby should chunk up and demand to be carried around, giving you not only buff arms but also some weird lower-arm stretch marks (why am I the only person in the world who has these?). When that baby gets older, you can then cart him around on your own horsepower and keep those maternity jeans at bay. You'll lose weight like MAD, and when your next pregnancy causes you to crave fresh fruit and vegetables, be prepared to walk into the doctor's office a few pounds even lighter. So do like me: get pregnant to lose weight!** ...or something like that.

**I'm not bragging, I swear! Did you notice the diet plan name? ACCIDENT? You can't brag about an accident.

1 comment:

Kari and Jonathan said...

You're crazy. But if I did any sort of physical activity like you do I'd probably lose weight to. My kid will most definitely not be getting 3 bike rides in 1 day unless it's with their dad :)