Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ameteur

I've always liked scrapbooking, but I hated taking photos, so I had to beg, borrow, and steal to have anything to work with. Over time I realised this was due in large part to hating the pictures my cameras took - they were fuzzy, overexposed, underexposed, or just plain bad (because of the camera, not me! I swear!). I began relying heavily on people with GOOD cameras to allow me to beg or borrow (they obviously don't give me permission to steal, otherwise it would be called giving) so I could get these great photos that my camera could never take. When I noticed my sister's iPhone took better shots than my digital camera, the light bulb went off - maybe IIIIIIIIIII should just go get one of those awesome cameras! Joe agreed, and since he's more easily talked into large purchases than should be allowed, we quickly acquired a mid-grade bit of awesomeness. I've since checked out a few basic "Taking Good Family Photos" books from the library and this morning, while Joe slept in (I get Saturdays, he gets Sundays), Patrick and I took our new camera and new knowledge out for a spin. I think the results are... amateur... but decent. And also a little photo-shopped. The important thing was, we had fun! If anyone knows why photos posted on blogs do or do not produce an enlarged version when you double-click on them, speak now!

2 comments:

Kari and Jonathan said...

Super cute photos of my Mr. Man. I love the ones that look old! That's pretty sweet.

Psycho Dad said...

Great pix. Love the faded-photograph look.