Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just keeping you over-updated

So it's just me who can't cut-n-paste here? While creating a post, I highlight what I want to cut or copy, then right click (normal, right?). FIRST it un-highlights everything, and then cut or copy aren't even options! Even if things would have stayed highlighted (which the DO NOT)! I swear I'm not retarded, but if someone could come over here and SHOW ME WHY I SEEM TO BE, that would be greatly appreciated. I can, however, cut/copy and paste on already posted blogs, so if THAT'S what you were thinking... well, that's a different ball of wax.

Also, I've been wondering - when do I have to morph into "Mom Mode" where I set an alarm to getup before the kids? Right now I just get up when Patrick gets up, but I know that sooner or later I'll have to get up earlier. Does this happen when baby #2 comes around? 6 weeks after baby #2 when I become a more normal, functioning human? Do I wait until baby #3? Does this happen by necessity when Patrick starts going to school in the mornings, or will I already be up early from attending baby #3? Are there over-achieving moms out there who already do this with only one child? I love me my sleep, so if the kids aren't up, I don't want to be, either! So I was just curious.

I wanted to spread the word that I am officially a GARDNER! I GARDEN! I bought a couple seed packets a while ago, then procrastinated planting them for about 2 months, and when I finally DID plant them I pretty much doomed them to failure by putting them under my care. I can't seem to grow anything, except for my one houseplant that is 7 years old that I can't seem to manage to KILL (talk about hearty!) Anyway, I had resigned myself to gardening failure, though I kept on watering my dirt pots, until two morning ago - a sprout! Then two sprouts! And this morning I woke up to 4 tomato sprouts and 3 zucchini sprouts, and I am OUTRAGEOUSLY proud. They're tiny, so I still have lots of time and opportunity to kill them, but I am crossing my fingers that before the summer is through I'll have fresh BLTs and yummy zucchini bread.

2 comments:

Elsha said...

When you're writing your post you can click the "Edit Html" tab and copy paste in there. Also, I've been wondering myself when I have to start getting up earlier than kids every day. I do some days now (out of necessity because I have to get ready for work) but most days we just sleep til she's awake. ALTHOUGH, recently we've had to start getting her up if she's not up by 7:30 because otherwise she won't go to bed until like 9:30 at night. And that just doesn't fly around here.

Kari and Jonathan said...

You're funny. I don't have any kids yet, if you didn't know, but I'm gonna go with not getting up in the morning until they do. I'd like to wake up early and pack Jonathan's lunch but, shhhh, don't tell him because if it never happens I'll feel pretty bad. Maybe when they start going to school you can get up early to get them ready. ?