Monday, May 4, 2009

so sleepy

Kari and Jonathan (sis and BIL) came to visit for the weekend, which was GREAT! Although the guys went to see X-Men: Origins and we all went out for a huge Melting Pot dinner on Saturday, we didn't really do much for most of the visit since the weather was wretched and we were stuck indoors, but during that indoor time we had fun visiting, watching movies, and taking naps. We went to bed late each night so of course we wanted to sleep in as late as possible, which was NOT possible when Patrick continued to get up at 5 or 6 a.m., so we made do with afternoon naps. Poor Joe was "on duty" for Patrick the day he got up at 5, so he was REALLY in need of a nap when the time came, and to help Patrick sleep longer so Joe could sleep longer, they simply slept together. I love this picture, I think they look so much alike :)

Thanks for visiting, guys! We had a great time, and hope those sprouts grow for you!

Speaking of which.... would anyone like some garden sprouts? I mentioned all those sprouts that had sprung, and they just keep coming! I have about 22 tomato sprouts, and no place to put them, but it will make me pretty sad to get rid of something I'm so proud of growing... so if you'd like one (or ten) to start a little garden of your own, let me know! I also have a couple zucchini sprouts that are getting quite large, I need to transplant a few before the roots start growing together in the pot! I hear tomato plants grow just fine in buckets, so you don't even have to till up your backyard - or have a backyard, like we don't right now. I bet zucchinis would work, too, if you had a really big bucket. Finally, I went a little (a lot) over the top and when I saw how well my plants were growing, I went and got more, so now I'm working on two kinds of peppers, cucumbers, basil, watermelon, and artichoke (just for fun, I won't feel too bad if they just don't work out). Keep an eye on my blog if you'd be interested in any of these, because if they sprout like my tomatoes and zucchinis did, I'll have about 5,000 little tiny plants to get rid of (I plant in bulk in the hopes of getting just one!). Thanks!



My model zucchini plants - tall and skinny, with big heads!

1 comment:

Kari and Jonathan said...

I was gonna post that same picture of PJ and Joe. It's is super cute!! Thanks for the sprouts! I hope I don't kill them!