Saturday, May 9, 2009

I'll do better tomorrow

I constantly (pretty much daily) recommit myself to doing and being better, and daily I fail - that's why I have to recommit so often! But instead of feeling defeated, I feel renewed each day - a new chance! A clean slate! I have to laugh about all the things I commit to, though, like:
-never, ever leaving another dish dirty in the sink. I will either clean it or put it straight into the dishwasher!

-vacuuming the house at LEAST twice a week, if not more often. This might be seriously slacking to some people, but it would be a huge feat for me, especially if it happened more than once! But it's something to which I consistently aspire, so at least I'm trying, right?

-shaving my legs at least every other day so they never resemble prickly pear cacti!

-being relentless about having my hair and makeup done before I go out in public

- getting back to making Joe awesome lunches each day. Every day around noon when I realise I have failed him yet again, I resolve to turn over this leaf, but every night I fail to pack, and every morning I enjoy my sleep a little too much, so once again at noon....

- never letting laundry pile up, and NOT leaving it clean but unfolded! I should do a load every other day so it doesn't pile up - wash it, dry it, fold it, and be done! But soon it's been 3 days, and then I might as well wait one more day and do 2 loads, which I MIGHT do, but they don't get folded until 4 days later when I wash another 2 loads, then I have 4 huge loads waiting to be folded and man, I have so many other things I'd rather do than fold laundry... but as soon as I fold these stupid piles, I'm going back to doing one load every other day, and folding it immediately! Then I won't have this mess again, I swear. Somehow, though, it's always the same situation...

- not napping so I can pick up the house while Patrick sleeps. But every time I lay down with him, "just for a few minutes," it's too delicious to get up for oh, say, 2 hours. So the house remains messy, but I'm seriously well-rested!

- not checking my email/blog/facebook/etc quite so frequently, as I will get sucked in and not finish whatever I had started (or wanted to start). This is an addiction I fight daily, and the best way to deal is to avoid it entirely and not turn on the computer. But once it's on... I'll see you in a few hours, world!

- keeping my toenails painted. How can I be cute if I can't even keep cute tootsies? Yet here I am with chipped polish for the 26th day in a row...

- being a better mother/wife/sister/daughter. That entails lists within a list, but it's probably the thing I recommit to the most often.

With that last one in mind, Joe reminded me that he thinks I'm doing a grand job being his wife and the mother of his child by showing up this afternoon with beautiful tulips and even more beautiful (and functional!) purses. I've been dying for something cute and new, and he knows what I'd like better than I do sometimes, so I'm REALY excited to try out my new gifts. Thanks, Joe! I love you, too :)

5 comments:

Brooke said...

glad to know someone else struggles too :) I have a laundry mountain (think 8 loads) piled on our guest bed waiting to be folded and put away. good luck with your re-committing :)

Kari and Jonathan said...

I commit to a lot of those things quite often as well! Like shaving my legs, ugh. It just never happens the way it should. Love the new purses!! I hope you have a great mother's day. Oh, and I think you're a great sister, so no re-commiting to that!

Elsha said...

I am constantly saying-- okay, starting this week I'm going to do (whatever). And then by the end of the week not so much.

Andrea said...

Happy Mothers Day Krista. Give yourself some credit...you are awesome. And don't give up the naps...I cherish those days which are now gone, when I used to nap with Brax. I do still sneak one in once and a while but with two it's harder to get a good 2-3 hour snooze.love you!

hibiscusgirl said...

serious? you think too much! Don't worry if you nap with Patrick - cherish these moments when your children are young. you can't get them back again & you'll miss them. Who cares if your house isn't like a pottery barn catalog! You're pregnant, your body needs to rest & do it when you can because you won't get much napping in in soon enough! I vacuum like once every 2 weeks & only do laundry on the weekends, but I'm loving every nap time with Max!