Thursday, March 5, 2009

Smoooooooth

While picking up Patick's photos from JCPenney's we ran across a smokin' deal on one of those one-cup-at-a-time blenders, like the Magic Bullet* (a terrible name, if you ask me - fortunately ours is generic so it's not called that), which Joe urged me to buy so we could make smoothies.
*Only visit the Magic Bullet site if you want to be TOTALLY SOLD on buying one RIGHT NOW. It has a built-in info-mercial on the site! You won't be able to resist!! It will suck you in - I have exactly the same thing (only not called the Magic Bulet, like I said) and I STILL wanted to buy it.

Anyhow, at the time (without the aid of an info-mercial) getting this little blender thingy sounded RIDICULOUS since we have an immersion blender and we NEVER made smoothies, which an immersion blender is perfectly capable of making. But whatever, it was a steal ($20!!)and we've been trying to eat healthier so if this blender led us to the light, it would all be worth it. Well, it is WORTH IT!!! I don't remember the last time I consumed so much fresh fruit and yogurt - not just in a day, but every single day! We make at least 2 smoothies a day, of which Patrick powers down one SOLO. He, also, is in love with the smoothie maker - as soon as he hears it tun on her comes running. Last night Joe tempted us by getting ingredients for milkshakes (not exactly along the "eating "right" lines, but who am I to argue?), which were DELICIOUS, but even with ice cream in the freezer I reached right past it for the frozen strawberries tonight to blend me up some goodness. And it is gooooooooood goodness :)
And now that I've visited the Magic Bullet website, I'll be making broccoli soup and quesadillas and nachos and omlets and... well, smoothies are just the beginning.

3 comments:

Elsha said...

Every time that infomercial is on TV I get sucked in!

Kari and Jonathan said...

Don't tell Jonathan you bought the fake one. :) They are pretty sweet. (I've watched the video)

salem said...

maybe Clyde would drink smoothies! His only food lately seems to be rice. And between you and me, rice can only get you so far.