Monday, March 23, 2009

A(bsolutely) B(reathtaking)

Joe and I left our lovely Fort Collins to visit Grand Junction for a weekend and to spend that weekend redoing my parents' guest bathroom. This is a small little thing, so you'd think surely it couldn't take more than a weekend! But don't be fooled - you will ALWAYS be fooled if you think a weekend project will only take one weekend. In the end, it took us TWO weekends and various hours during the week between (while I stayed in town and Joe went back to Fort Collins) to get this bathroom from A(trocious) to B(eautiful). Like I said, we suffered severe head trauma and forgot to take before pictures so you coud revel in the linoleum faux-wood parquet, the orange counter top, the 10-minute-per-flush toilet, etc. Fortunately, we DID get some pictures after the room had been gutted, which is pretty much equally ugly, just in a different way. Now, BEHOLD!!! My design, Joe's hard labor, and my light labor (what else could you call installing towel bars?) paid off in a BIG way - check it out! Photos are from start to finish, I won't label each individually, just enjoy the tranformation!

Ta-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Unfortunately the shower will be transformed at a later date, so for now it remains kinda yellow-tan tan. And there WILL be a vanity mirror, we just changed our minds at the last minute and had not bought a new one by the time I photographed. But THER THAN THAT, this looks pretty darn good, eh? eh?

5 comments:

salem said...

I love it and I love YOU, dahling.

The Miz said...

I give it a hardy two thumbs up! Nah, let's make it three for good measure.
B U TI FUL!

Schmidt Family said...

I love the black floor boards and window fram. It really gives it depth. Way to go!

Elsha said...

Nice. It took me a second to realize that the picture of the door was from INSIDE the bathroom. I was like-- where the heck is that?

Eric and Amy said...

You guys did a terrific job!