Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bad spelling, but nice bathroom

Elsha caught me with WAY too many spelling errors in my last post (I've since spell-checked, so don't waste your time looking), but in my defense it's not because I actually spell them wrong - our keyboard has decided to only register 9 out of 10 keys we hit, which adds up to missing quite a few during a 200-word post. It started the same day we switched Internet services from Comcast to Qwest, so I feel inclined to blame Qwest, though I don't know how they could have any influence over my keyboard's behavior. Still, nice to have a scapegoat. Now if I could just find the reason for the lingering over-ripe smell that has invaded our kitchen and WILL NOT GET OUT even though we've cleaned the fridge twice and checked all our cupboards.... SO SMELLY. Grrrrr.....

But now on to our last GJ project: finishing what we started. The little main floor bathroom needed some finishing touches after my parents replaced to vanity and toilet, so we painted but we were unable to finish all the extras in one shot (much like the purple room). Now, they're finished! Here ya go:
And where was Patrick during all of this? Well, he was running to Home Depot and Lowe's and Walmart and basically being as helpful as possible :) Really, we couldn't have asked for more obliging behavior from any child, much less a toddler - he was an angel the entire week! He even took great naps every day and slept through the night almost every single night, despite his unfamiliar surroundings and lack of dad. It was WONDERFUL and made me extra-glad we stayed the week. Although he may have missed his dad, he LOVED his grandpa Gustavson and get all excited every time he saw him, and very sad every time he left the room. Probably he was hoping grandpa would show him the lawn mower and roto-tiller again... Patrick also loved his grandma and would spend hours with her outside, just as long as I was nowhere in sight. The ranking seems to be grandma is great, but mom trumps grandma, and grandpa trumps mom. Fortunately, everyone enjoyed having Patrick around and I had fabulous babysitters so I could slave away over the paint can.
Shopping for couches
Hanging in the shopping cart's driver's seat at Lowe's

1 comment:

Kari and Jonathan said...

This is my favorite post because there are pictures of PJ :) jk. We would like to thank you for keeping BBB in the black.