Thursday, October 30, 2008

"Trashy" Neighbors

I doubt my neighbors read this blog, so I don't think they'll mind if I call them trashy... but they ARE! Because here is what they threw away in (and I totally salvaged from) the trash.

Just gave the pieces a hot bubble bath, and ta-da! All new fun for our living room. The pieces are seriously in pristine condition, it's just missing a few letters of the alphabet. Definitely the most extreme case of "one man's trash is another man's treasure" I've seen! Thanks, trashy neighbors!

4 comments:

Elsha said...

I'm pretty sure dumpster diving makes YOU trashy, not them. Not that you shouldn't do it though.

Are you going to sign up for NaBloPoMo with me?!

The Miz said...

Nice! Makes me want some trashy neighbors. We have the no ones on our right the college students on the left and two houses down we have the people who let their dogs run all over and we have to chase out of our yard.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

alright, Gelp, I signed up for nablopomo with you. As lame as the name is, they had some pretty funny prizes to win so I thought I'd give the Gustavson family a better shot at getting one of 'em. Be on the lookout for silly postings, though!

hibiscusgirl said...

It is amazing what people "throw away" in our country! our landfills have got to be overflowing with plastic crap that will never decompose! Awesome score by the way. And makes for a great landing pad for those tumbles he'll take!