Friday, October 10, 2008

Bucket List

I mentioned in a long-gone-by blog list that Joe and I have started our own Bucket Lists. So I thought I'd post those.

Kirsta's "To Do" (it's now The List!)
1. Play in a symphony (this is more likely to come true if we live in a town big enough to have a symphony but small enough to not be REALLY competitive)
2. Have something permanent (a tree, a park bench, an entire park, a book) dedicated to me. I should probably also have something on my list that is dedication-worthy, too...but I don't. In my self-centered defense, though, if you do something just to get recognition, you don't deserve the recognition that you get. I just hope to do something somewhere along the line that will really impact someone.
3. Climb a 14-er. I've lived in Colorado almost my whole life and I still haven't done this! Pitiful. But I refuse to die being pitiful, so it's on The List.
4. Have a major role in a play. I did a few plays when I was younger, and lots of Music Theater (but Music Theater doesn't have major roles, unless you count being in a duet of "Cuddle Up a Little Closer") Once again, mid-sized town would be GREAT for this.

Joe's "To Do"
1. Ride in a fighter jet (Eric, I maybe you could go with him!)
2. Travel the US on a motorcycle (not sure who he thinks he's going to do this with...Eric, again? Brian? Karl? Any takers?)
3. Get his pilots license. Not for a fighter jet, though.

I know our lists are short, but we both agree that we've had such awesome lives so far that there just isn't that much more we would add! I could kick that bucket tomorrow and feel pretty good about it. How about all you readers? Anything you have on your list? Anything I should add?

3 comments:

Elsha said...

I don't have a list (although, maybe I'll start one-- I love a good list;)) but I would really like to see Alaska someday.

Kari and Jonathan said...

I don't have a list either. Your list is REALLY random Deed. :) you make me laugh. Mine would probably be like "own 400 pairs of shoes." ya know, something achievable :)

Erin said...

Bucket Lists are excellent. The 14ers one is on my list too. My dad has done all but one of them. He's my hero. :)