Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm Falling for you. Yeah, YOU!

With such WONDEROUS fall weather (please stay like this 'til Halloween, please stay like this 'til Halloween...) I moseyed to our nearest park and snapped some shots of Patrick (really, it was his idea). Let's just mention a few things, though:

1. I am no professional photographer (not that anyone was accusing me of being one! Hey, you've all seen my blog). I could scrapbook photos from here to Kingdom Come, but take 'em? Neh-eh. To some extent, this is what scrapbooking is about - taking a whole bunch of average photos and turning them into something WAY better than average. Sometimes you get lucky and can scrapbook wedding photos, but most of the time it's just me, in the leaves with my semi-decent camera (see #2). So although not utterly to-die-for (or even get seriously ill for), these pics SHOULD make a DANG cute scrapbooked page.

2. I do not have a professional camera, or really even what could be deemed a "decent" camera (in recent years - it's digital, but that's about the extent of it's awesomeness). So I just keep on shooting, hoping one will turn out with decent light, un-fuzzy, and with a cute expression from the kiddo. Sometimes, hundreds of photos later, this still doesn't happen.

3. I did not leave the house with the intention of taking photos, we just wanted to enjoy the leaves, so probably a camoflage shirt would not be my 1st choice for true Posterity Photography. But there ya have it. Here, in no particular order, are some of the good, the bad, and the funny.

5 comments:

Schmidt Family said...

Cute! So did I convince you to move to castle rock yet......

Elsha said...

Love the photos, especially the 4th one. He looks like he's ready to attack!

The Miz said...

Cute cute!

Kari and Jonathan said...

CUTIE pics. He's practically a young MAN now, lol. :)

Andrea said...

Great illustration of fall. What a handsome little man he is turning into.