Thursday, August 21, 2008

To clot or not to clot...

You know how when you think about something physical you begin to fixate on it - like having hairy legs? The rest of the day you can't concentrate because your legs are SO hairy! Or you're SO hungry! Or your lips are SO chapped! Well, I had the same type of fixation, only it was about my calf, which hurt. Just one calf, the most common place for a blood clot. Just the same leg that had a blood clot last time. Just a few weeks after taking many multiple airplane rides. No biggie, it's probably just another blood clot clot...!!!!

I called the doctor, who said "call urgent care!" I called urgent care, who said "go to the ER!" I called back and said "really??? really, really??" And urgent care sent me there anyway. Why does nobody but the ER do ultrasounds at a minute's notice? I may never know. But Patrick and I spent a wonderful Wednesday morning in the ER at Poudre Valley Hospital, riding around on the hospital bed and getting my leg gooped up and my blood drawn.

THANK GOODNESS, I do NOT have a blood clot. Now I can fixate on something else, like how my left eye feels dry...

4 comments:

Schmidt Family said...

I guess that it is awesome that you don't have a clot but sucks that you wasted a day. At least no more shots right?

Elsha said...

Maybe you should start taking baby aspirin hmmmm? Cause then when your calf starts to hurt you can think-- it's fine, that's why I take baby aspirin. I know what you mean about fixating though. That'll drive you crazy!

Schmidt Family said...

Hey Court and tricia started a blog. You can view it on my site!

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad it wasn't a blood clot. And I don't think it's bad to fixate like that...I like to call it "being in tune with your body." Better, right?