Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mother + Nature

Three pots, 3 cherry pits, and a whole lot of crossing my fingers that one will grow.


Joe and I (ok, I) decided to plant a tree for each of our children when they're born. So far we only have one child and, until today, no trees planted. Since the church we go to has 8 (!!!) beautiful cherry trees that we made some delicious cherry pies from this summer, we (ok, I) decided that would be fun and meaningful type of tree to plant. Outside we went to dig up some dirt for the little pots. The dirt around our apartment is pure clay so I ended up reallocating some of the dirt from our potted houseplant, but Patrick enjoyed the grass and pinecones despite our lack of success in the dirt department.
Patrick is now officially crawling!

Maybe if the cherries don't work out I'll plant a pine tree.

3 comments:

Elsha said...

Good luck with the tree! What are you going to do if you still live in an apartment when it gets big enough that it needs to be planted outside?

Lindsay said...

What a great idea! And you can make pies with "Patrick's cherries" and a cobbler with "Joe's cherries" and a cake with "Kirsta's cherries" or something like that...the possibilities are endless!

Kari and Jonathan said...

That's so cute! Too bad mom and dad cut down our cherry tree, along with all my childhood memories of it. lol