Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pueblo

With a long weekend on our hands Joe suggested we go to Pueblo for the State Fair! So I'm blogging from my sister Kari's house and uploading photos from her computer - what a moocher, I know!

We came down Friday afternoon since Joe got out of class early and were down in Pueblo by dinner - thank goodness, since Kari has turned into quite the Homemaker and was cooking us yummy Rachel Ray pretzle-covered chicken (sounds weird, tastes delicious). They have a cute little 2-story house that they really only use 1 story of, so we've effectively taken over the basement, creepy small bathroom and all. Patrick is sleeping in the SECOND pack n play that I bought Thursday (yes, I bought two, but I returned the first since the second only cost $10!) and Joe and I are on the futon. It's a good time! But all in all, Friday was pretty uneventful.

Saturday was pretty awesome - the girls (Kari, Kari's friend Aly, and I) spent the afternoon running errands (50% off scrapbooking stuff at Hobby Lobby), then at the house playing Skip-Bo (we're out of control, we know). Meanwhile the boys (Joe, Kari's hubby Jonathan and Jonathan's brother Justin) went to the Fair to watch MONSTER TRUCKS. Whoooooooooo-hoooooooo! Needless to say, they were a LITTLE excited about it, took LOTS of photos, and celebrated with fried snickers and oreos (I tried the oreos - not half bad!) That evening Joe and I stayed home with Patrick while the rest of the group went to a Sugarland concert (sounded fun, but baby bedtimes come around regardless of what YOU'D like to do).

Joe, Justin, and Jonathan

The winner of the wheelie contest. According to all the guys, this is AWESOME!

A feat I hope to never accomplish in our Honda Pilot

The concert-goers: Jonathan, Kari, Aly, and Justin

Sunday (today) has been the BEST so far. Kari had big ideas for breakfast so we had bacon and french toast - yummmmm! We all swore we would NOT be ready for the huge lunch we had planned at noon, but only two hours later we were back in the kitchen making all sorts of goodness for lunch! Jonathan's parents, Melodie and Tom, came over and we cooked T-bone steaks, sweet potatoes, baked beans, french bread, and had homemade peach cobbler (with peaches grown on Kari and Jonathan's backyard peach tree) with homemade ice cream. Does a lunch GET better than that??? I think not. Tonight is the CU/CSU football game so we're heading to a sports bar to watch it on TV and cheer for our respective teams (of which the only RESPECTABLE team is CSU, thank you very much).

So we've been here three days for the Fair and I have NOT managed to actually make it TO the fair yet. Hopefully I can catch some action tomorrow morning before we have to leave because I have never been to a fair, state or otherwise, in my life.

2 comments:

Kari and Jonathan said...

Deed!! You still have never been to a fair!! I'm sorry you didn't get to go. :(

Eric and Amy said...

That *IS* awesome. Vroooooom!!!!!!