Saturday, December 29, 2012

Squirrel Game

One of the things we got the kids for christmas was a game called "The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game."  First, the box looked cool - an immediate draw for me! Second, it was for 2-4 players age 3+, exactly the combo we have in our house.  Third, it involved a pincher (my kids always play with my kitchen tongs, Joe's pliers, Kari's hair clips, or anything that pinches) so I figured that was a good sign.  Fourth, there was a little silver sticker saying it had won some award, though I honestly didn't even look at what award - the toy manufacturers should just start putting silver or gold stickers on their stuff and I'll buy it, thinking it's won some prestigious honor.  Anyway, it looked pretty fun and was a game, not a toy, so we got it. 

I am SO GLAD we got it! It's the most fun game, and TOTALLY easy for anyone around that age - even Caroline liked picking up the acorns with the pincher. Did I mention? The pincher is a SQUIRREL!

You spin the wheel to determine what to pick up (or put back), then grasp the little rubbery acorns with his squirrelly paws and deposit the colored 'corn into your coordinating tree stump.  Even Joe and I enjoy this game!  It defeinitely deserved whatever honor that silver sticker was advertising, and now I recommend you go get it for yourselves. $20 at Target.

1 comment:

Eric and Amy said...

That looks like so much fun! And the benefit of pinchers is that they build the muscles in the web space of the hand to prep for holding a pencil during the school years. Little factoid for ya!