Monday, December 3, 2012

Four times the blessings

One of these days I'll finish filling in details from Thanksgiving weekend when my parents were here...

Today is not that day.

SO, while my parents were here for Thanksgiving weekend we planned on Joe blessing Ethan at church so my dad could stand in the circle.  What fortuitous timing!  For some reason I got it in my head that we would surprise my parents by telling them our plan when they got to Pueblo; I compeltely spaced out that people need to pack church clothes if they plan to go to church (which they had not, since we have 11:00 church)!  Oh no!  Fortunately my parents are CRAZY generous (and my mom enjoys shopping) so they just picked up some new duds and looked extra snazzy for our extra-special day.

Joe only worked the beginning of his regular Saturday night shift (remember, he usually works Saturday/Sunday/Monday night from 6 p.m. - 6 a.m.) so he would be nice and fresh for church, and then we had 4 adults to get kids ready so everyone looked very nice.  I try to get everyone looking very nice for church every week, but when it's me against 4 kids sometimes the kids looks great and I have wet hair and no makeup, and sometimes I look decent and the kids... well... do not. Since everyone looked great (and it was a special day) we snapped a few shots.



The blessing was, as blessings always are, so special.  I get choked with emotion at the smallest things while Joe sits back and laughs, so when occasions like this arise and Joe gets choked with emotion... you know it's a big deal.  I'm grateful that I have a husband who lives his life to bless his family physically and spiritually. Reminds me of a little camp ditty (to the tune of "Weenie Man"):
I know a mormon boy, he is my pride and joy, he knows the scriptures up and dow-ow-own.  One day I'll join his life, I'll be his mormon wife.  Oh, how I love that mormon boy!

3 comments:

Elsha said...

I love the pictures! I can't wait to see you guys!

Kari and Jonathan said...

I love how Kalena is one of your kids now. People are like, "Wait, I thought she only had one girl??" Very nice pictures, and a very nice blessing it was.

Jeanette said...

I want to eat Ethans cheeks! He is so chubby! :-)