Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Losing your mind is REALLY ANNOYING

This week, it seems official: I'm losing my mind. Need proof? I was vacuuming the stairs with the hose attachment and still managed to suck up the internet cord with the base of the vacuum, chewing it up to an unusably demolished pile of wires. That definitely slowed my blogging! For the regular 10 a.m. park schedule I headed to the park I had written down and looked at repeatedly while following directions, only to notice as I pulled up that this park was scheduled for July 1st. It is neither July, nor the 1st, so we had a day all by ourselves at the wrong park. I re-read the park directions (but not the date) so meticulously because yesterday I was invited to a playdate out of town, so we were meeting at a girls' house in town to caravan. I was packed and prepared with snacks, juice, sunscreen, the camera, cute outfits, even makeup and curled hair, and I drove around for a solid 45 minute trying to find her house, ultimately missing the playdate, all because I wrote down directions and then proceeded not to follow them. That sounds like stupidity, not losing my mind, except that I followed all the direction except where to come from - I had glanced at a map to see the layout of the roads and noticed her house was just off a major road that I live just off of as well, so I took that road instead of taking her directions and then tried to pick it back up without making any changes - that's just CRAZY. Kind of like ME. Please come back to me, common sense! I miss you!

6 comments:

Kari and Jonathan said...

PREGNANCY BRAIN!! It is a real thing, as much as Jonathan says it's made up. All those unfortunate events are very, well, unfortunate! :) I hope you recover soon

Psycho Dad said...

One of Karen's (my office manager's) favorite signs read, "Of all the things I've ever lost, it's my mind I miss the most." Out of deference to our brain-injured patients, she eventually took it down. Anyway, happy hunting.

Elsha said...

I saw your title and I thought, "I KNOW!" I NEED a planner because anything that doesn't get written down I promptly forget.

Andrea said...

Join the club! That's a funny story about driving around for so long. I have so been there, and of course on the day you actually got ready and felt really cute. I feel for you. Take care, momma.

salem said...

I've been borrowing your brain. Me. And I will return it for a cook cheese sandwich. Or moneys.

Rachel said...

We missed you on Tuesday! We all need to exchange cell numbers or something. See you Sunday.