Sunday, September 6, 2009

Short but sweet

We've had a couple weekends in a row where people have visited us (or been visited by us) and each time has been really short! It's just reinforced how happy I am that we live here because it makes short visits so much EASIER - if someone's in Denver it's tough to justify an extra hour of driving north to Fort Collins for a short visit - they really have to like you and dedicate their weekend! 3 or so weeks ago Elsha and Brian spent a quick night here after their car bit the dust (so long, Camry, it was good while it lasted); 2 weeks ago my dad drove up Friday morning to return my car that Elsha and Brian borrowed after their car bit the dust and then flew home that afternoon (see? QUICK!); last weekend Joe took Patrick for the weekend and went to Craig to visit his parents (I meant to post about that, but we'll suffice it to say I had SUCH A GOOD TIME without them!) while I worked on/destroyed the house; and this weekend Elsha came up with with her daughter and my dad for company since she had some business to attend to, partly pertaining to the dead car. I guess I should be thankful for our new location but also thankful the Camry died; we would never have had this much company without it! *I doubt Elsha and Brian feel nearly this thankful that they're down one car.* As it is, we've had a great time with all our guests, and are looking forward to yet another quick visit next weekend from the Phelps (my little sis).

This weekend was awesome since it was one of the longer short visits - we actually ate more than one meal together! While Elsha and my dad took care of her errands, the cousins took a quick dip.

Patrick watered Kalena, Kalena watered the lawn.

Watering himself


Working together to fill up that cup! Trickier than it seems, it seems....



Explaining the inner workings of the hose


Enjoying refreshing hose water yet again.



Kalena was so busy "working" she hardly had time to look up for the camera.

Of course, no pictures of my dad or Elsha; adults seem a lot less willing to be photographed (especially with Elsha's infected Quasimodo eye). Next time!

1 comment:

Kari and Jonathan said...

That was the best blog EVER!! I laughed out loud on several occasions and every picture was the cutest picture I'd ever seen!! I love the one of PJ watering Kalena, and the one of him drinking out of the hose. :) That made my day