Sunday, August 2, 2009

Yeah, STILL no pics...

We've lived in our new house more than a week and I haven't written about it yet?!? How DARE I! **Well, that's what I would be thinking if one of my friends or family had bought a house and failed to communicate any further information, so I figure I should get started WITHOUT picstures, especially since I have another important blog to post now!**


We've been busy (to say the least)! We closed on the house on Thursday July 27th (or something like that, I don't have a calendar handy) but Joe had to work all weekend so we had to get everything loaded from the apartment and unloaded to the house Friday afternoon/evening, since the moving van was due back in Fort Collins by noon on Saturday (thanks, UHAUL. Jerks). When he got off work, Joe got crazy and loaded the 26-foot truck almost all by himself before any help could arrive - it was quite a sight to see! We drove the hour south and arrived in Thornton at 7:15 p.m. to a veritable Mormon mosh-pit of our new ward! They apparently mobilize quickly, since I'd only called 24 hours in advance to let them know we were coming. They unloaded the entire truck while I directed the flow of boxes and we still had time to shoot the breeze afterwards, all before 8:00! Seriously, 5 gold stars for efficiency with these guys!


Since then we have unpacked boxes, weeded the yard, planted our garden, had the main sewer line power jetted (stinky), had the kitchen sink power jetted (really really REALLY stinky, I almost threw up), unpacked more boxes, pulled more weeds, torn down some wallpaper in the basement, patched drywall holes, cleaned the gutters, primed the guest room to paint it tonight, dreamed up master plans for both bathrooms, gotten 312 mosquito bites while enjoying our patio because we hadn't found the bug spray yet, had 2 big fights, unpacked more boxes, decorated Patrick's room (cute!), got our phone and Internet set up (call me! 303-280-2445), made 12 trips to Home Depot and 3 to Ross, installed new screens on both the front and back doors, sorted through nearly a week of trash after learning we had our dumpsters mixed up, pulled more weeds, and passed out from fatigue every night since last Friday. Is that about right, or am I simply new to the game? I'm just VERY THANKFUL we're in a place we actually plan on staying, otherwise half those boxes would stay packed up and all of those darn weeds would stay put. Good riddance to you, thistles!


I'm taking pictures when I remember, trying to get the "before" and "after," but seems on par to remember photos halfway through something (like priming a bedroom), so I don't have many true "before" photos. Oh, well, all we really care about is after! So as soon as I RE-FIND my camera (lost it, then found it, but now it's lost again) I'll post the photos to show how the the front of our very own house looks after it got a new garage door (the most inexpensive and boring one available, with no garage door opener, thanks cheap-o bank!) and a new front door screen from Joe (it makes the best summer-time screen-door slap when you shut it). For now, just imagine that it's gorgeous, okay? Thanks!

1 comment:

Kari and Jonathan said...

I want to see pictures!! Actually, I want to see the real thing! Maybe in a couple months. For now, a picture post is in order.