Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Babes in Utero-land

First off, everything continues to go well with the pregnancy. Most of the time, in fact, I don't actually remember I'm pregnant because he's what I like to call a "lazy fetus;" compared to Patrick, this child doesn't move at all. This can be kinda scary sometimes, but almost every single time I think "are you still alive in there??" I'll get a little boot to my bladder. Then, of course, I think "whoa, gotta pee! gotta pee!" Then, in spite of it being my second pregnancy, and relatively close to my last pregnancy, my belly seems to have stayed pretty small. I attribute this to the new house an all the physical labor I'm doing - not strenuous physical labor, but pulling weeds and scraping popcorn ceilings isn't what I'd call "relaxing." In fact, at my prenatal visit the week before we moved I'd gained 7 pounds in 3 weeks - the doctors were all giving me "the look" like "keep that up and you'll be giving birth to a whale... or at least as a whale!" Well, maybe it was a growth spurt, maybe it was my recent 11-day Texas vacation (everything is bigger in Texas, including my sister's ankles and my waistline, apparently), or maybe I really did just need to get my rear in gear because AFTER we moved into the house, exactly 3 weeks after the 7-pound incident, I'd only gained one freaking pound. No sideways glances over any medical charts THAT time! Anywho, the combined factors (mostly) make me forget that time is ticking away.

I certainly couldn't deny it, though, when we got our latest ultrasound! There was some excess fluid in the baby's kidneys so they wanted to double-check the situation at a later date (like last week) and we got a whole new pack of pictures that show-without-really-showing what our little guy looks like. I thought it was interesting to see the size difference from 8 weeks to 28 weeks, that's why they're included. In the last picture, our most recent, he looks pretty content sucking his thumb :) And is it just me, or does it look like he has a HUGE bicep? Hah!

1 comment:

Kari and Jonathan said...

cutie patootie!! It does look like he has a huge arm, lol. Can't wait to meet the lil man :)