Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Up until today we've been (im)patiently twiddling our thumbs, waiting for the ultrasound that could hopefully tell us the sex of baby #2. Meanwhile, we picked out a number of names we liked for each gender (Eli or Everett for a boy, Ellie or Molly for a girl - obviously we'd have to be pretty settled if we chose Eli or Ellie, because one kinda cancels the other out!), we listed the reasons it would be great to have either one (a boy would be a great playmate, a girl could help us teach him how to treat a lady), but we really just hoped the ultrasound would show us we had a healthy little baby. And sure enough! Healthy and (as far as we can tell) happy, our little baby BOY is doing great! He was very active during the ultrasound, stretching his looong legs (see the photo!) and smacking his lips while we watched, it was so precious! I've really been enjoying Patrick getting older and more independent, closer to talking, sleeping like an old pro, etc etc, so I was starting to worry that I would be bummed out to go back to square one. Watching the sweet little movements of our newest and cooing over tiny little body parts, though, I can safely say I am REALLY EXCITED for the addition to our family! We planned (a much as one can plan) this pregnancy, so of course we were excited from the get-go, but you know how sometimes you're more excited about the IDEA of something than the actual PROCESS? Like having a newly remodeled home, how you have to go through messes and headaches and mistakes to get this great finished product you can sit back and enjoy in the end? I'm thinking life with 2 under 2 is going to be lots of messes and headaches and I'll make plenty of mistakes, but when they can play together and be brothers I'll be giving myself a few more pats on the back. Of course, by then maybe we'll be posting ultrasounds of #3, so let's not get ahead of ourselves :) Meanwhile, here are a couple shots of Baby Jacobs; enjoy!
Long-legs McGee here, head on the right, back to the bottom of the picture, and leg stretched all the way up over his head!
Closer profile picture, head still on the right, a hand up right by his nose (which, by the way, I think will be a Gustavson nose - I detect a definite bulb on the end! Perhaps I'll get to see what I would have looked like as a boy!)

9 comments:

Elsha said...

Instincts confirmed once again. Exciting!

Brooke said...

Congrats Kirsta! That's exciting. 2 under 2 IS crazy, but 2 boys is so much fun.

salem said...

Look at those long and luscious legs! Have you thought of looking through your family(ies) tree for names? My dad was telling me some of our names on the Congdon side for fun the other day and I thought Ah! Why didn't I do that with Clyde (though I love his name). Maybe baby #2 will have a passed down name.

Andrea said...

Horray for baby boy #2!

Brady and Erika said...

Horray for boys!! I had a feeling you were going to have a boy. ~erika~

Kari and Jonathan said...

Cute pictures!! Yay for another boy, PJ will love him so much!

Lindsay said...

Great news! I cry every time I have an ultrasound because it's amazing to have a cute little PERSON growing inside of you.

Erin said...

Yay! I love Eli and Everett--have a nephew named Eli and Everett was on our boy name list too! :) Exciting stuff!!

Emily Ortiz said...

Those are amazing pics! I'm excited for you guys. Congrats.