Friday, June 12, 2009

If God is in the details...

...then He is most definitely not in my scrapbook! (But if he's in me, he'd better like enchiladas... I seriously had them for lunch today). I was working, working, working on Kari's wedding scrapbook and neglecting my own, and now it's caught up with me. She got married last summer, which means I worked on her book for nearly a year, which means I neglected my own book for nearly a year, and Patrick is barely over one year anyway - I am seriously behind! So I got back in gear and printed off a whopping 210 photos from birth to 16 months, PLUS I sorted through other old photos needing a home (our extra wedding photos, Joe's sister's wedding, Kari's extra wedding photos that I stole [thanks, Kari!], the wedding of the girl next door that I barely even know, etc etc) and new photos of old things (like Joe's dad as a child) from my MIL Debbi (thanks, Debbie!), meaning I have roughly 400 photos to scrapbook before the next baby gets here in 5 months. I will be a BUSY BEE, shall we say! Now there will be a serious lack in off-the-charts creative detail, but I DO plan on getting all those photos down and scrapbooked so I'll have a clean slate in November. I can only imagine that with a new baby right before the holidays plus another sweet neice on the way, I'll be bombarded with a whole new pile of photos! I would just ditch the scrapbook and slide them into a pre-made album, but I realised that scrapbooking is one of my great loves and my biggest creative outlet at the moment (and a perfect outlet with kids to scrapbook), so it wouldn't make sense to give up. Next time I'll just try to keep it to 100 or fewer pictures at a time!

5 comments:

The Miz said...

You're doin better than me. I still need to get started on Caleb's AND Lydia's.

Kari and Jonathan said...

I'm still working on Hawaii :) But do you have ANY leftover wedding pics for me or should I re-print some of them?

Elsha said...

Yeah, I'm way behind, but I just enjoy doing it so that's good enough.

Lindsay said...

Isn't it so fun to have a PROJECT to work on...even if you never have time to do it? I just love having a project. Keep it up! You'll love seeing those scrapbooks later.

Emily Ortiz said...

It can be so overwhelming can't it? Each day that ticks by possibly more photos pile up! One of these days I want to truly be able to say, "Hey, I"m all caught up!" YAH RIGHT!!