Thursday, August 4, 2011

How does your garden grow?

Zucchinis are super-duper easy to grow and you'll always get more than you bargained for. I figured I'd plant 7 plants and see where that got me - a lot of veggies, a lot of friends, and a lot of help in the garden. Here's Eli watering. And Eli falling in. When it's time for picking they also love to be involved - they knock on each one (like a watermelon) to make sure it's good. These are the first of our harvest, and they're beauties! Let me know if you'd like some, I'll have lots to spare in the next month or two :)

3 comments:

Kari and Jonathan said...

One of life's little instructions is "Never plant zuccini unless you have a lot of friends." Haha, at least you already knew that!

Elsha said...

Make some fried zucchini, it's delish!

hibiscusgirl said...

our zucchini's are doing great too. super easy to grow. do you have a good zucchini bread recipe? you should see max's purple peppers!