Friday, January 7, 2011

Spoiler Alert

Spoiler, as in I am getting completely SPOILED by my mom visiting this week! Her original plan was to be here a mere 10 days after Caroline was born, but since baby girl came a bit early my mom was concerned that her visit wouldn't be much help to me! Of course she came anyway, and her help has completely spoiled me rotton. I've done laundry and cleaned up toys and run errands just fine for three weeks without her (thankfully I've had lots of good friends bring meals to combat the toughest part of my day, DINNER TIME [dun dun DUH!]), but I don't think I'll be able to do it all when she leaves. Who will hold Caroline while I put Eli down for a nap? Who will watch the boys playing outside while I take a relaxing hot shower? Who will hand me a towel after Caroline's bath?And by golly, who will take of the kids while I sleep in in the mornings? (Answer: ME. Bummer!) But although I have to resharpen my parenting skills when she leaves, which will be tough, it's been a GREAT visit so far. The boys will have to get their fruit snacks themselves again, Caroline will have to find a new place to snooze, and I will miss her like CRAZY. We love you, mom (even though you're still here and won't read this 'til you go home!)

5 comments:

Elsha said...

Yay for mom's help! Now you just need to move here so you can get some more of it. Cute pictures by the way.

Kathy said...

Hooray for moms!

Kari and Jonathan said...

I like your new sink and faucet! And Caroline is looking like such a sweetie!

Andrea said...

Moms are the best!! Glad you are being spoiled, you deserve it! And somehow, you will be able to do it all. The Lord will help you too :)

Brittney and Michael said...

Your mom sounds awesome! I'm glad you guys had such a good time!