Saturday, June 12, 2010

stranded

Eli woke up in the middle of the night, talked to himself for a bit, then started crying. It's not crazy, but it was unusual since since he's had no wake-ups for about 2 weeks, and he had such a big meal before dinner and went to bed late, so when I went to investigate I discovered he was stranded - sitting up! The first time he's done it by himself from laying down, so I think he didn't know how to get back down from being up (except for completely falling down, of course). Poor guy, I forgot about this silly stage!

3 comments:

Elsha said...

I'm hoping Will doesn't do that kind of thing. Kalena never did, but I've heard it's pretty common.

Kari and Jonathan said...

That's always been one of our excuses for Amelia not sleeping.. "I think her body is just too excited about sitting/rolling/crawling/standing/walking for her to sleep well." ;)

hibiscusgirl said...

just another example of why it's hard for babies to sleep (<: just wait til the teenage years when that's ALL they want to do.