Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sick

It's been one of those weeks...Last weekend, which I wrote about, I was terribly sick all Saturday. Then Joe was sick all Monday, which shot our holiday. Tuesday night I worked, which makes for a long day without seeing Joe. Wednesday night I had a meeting, followed by a loooong night up with Patrick, who apparantly picked up something while we were at park days (our one redeeming moment this week! Though read on, maybe it was our downfall). Thursday night I had a meeting and Joe got home a mere 5 minutes before I had to leave, then when I got home we spent another long night with a sick kid in our bed. Joe even suggested going to the ER, but I nixed it, remembering our entirely overwhelming and under-helpful 5-hour visit last time. Friday was a long day at home since Patrick was sick, missing Joe all evening since he had a work meeting/annual party, getting home at 10:15. I went to the doctor for Patrick during the day, and it turns out he has strep, plus the possible start of pneumonia. He got the full treatment, a chest x-ray and everything! So with some anti-biotics and extra doses of albuterol for his breathing treatments (seriously, SUCH a fun week!) we went back home... only to be back at the doctor today for Eli, who raised our heartrates with his rise in temperature - up to 104!! Joe stuck him in a cool bath, dosed him with infant acetomenaphine, and off to the doctor. Turns out he has.... a temperature. That's about it. They said infants can't get strep (if you can expound, please do) and he doesn't have an ear infection, so we just have to wait and see and hope like HECK it doesn't happen again. In the meantime, we are freaking tired and have taken to falling asleep whenever/whenever possible.

7 comments:

Elsha said...

Here's hoping this week is better!

Kari and Jonathan said...

How awful! That is a really terrible week! I boys feel better.

hibiscusgirl said...

sounds miserable. I hate the pass around sickness. Last year cam & I both had strep & max was sick. it's true, for some reason kids under 15 months can't get strep - that's good! hope you are on the mend & can get some sleep. those tired tired days suck. I know the feeling on not seeing your hubby...cam has been working late hours & on weekends. ughh!
angie is due again in december.

hibiscusgirl said...

you're working?

Rachel said...

What! I didn't realize things were so bad around your house. Please, please, please call if I can do anything.

Andrea said...

yuck! love the picture. we've had those days....thankfully not for a while! hope you all get well soon!
yeah, where are you working? You are superwoman!

Eric and Amy said...

Ugh. Sorry to hear that you all got sick. Yay that you don't have morning sickness! I bet it was a big surprise to find out your first trimester was already pretty much over! Congrats on baby #3.