Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pull your dang pants down

Ethan has been potty trained for almost 9 months now and he will still not pull his pants down or up for himself! It really is obnoxious, because that simple skill would mean he didn't have to interrupt meals, he could play cars continuously downstairs without traipsing upstairs for my aid, and he could do his business by himself in the middle of the night rather than screaming me out of my REM cycle for my help. But no! Any time his pants (even sweatpants, for crying in a bucket!) need taken down or pulled up, it's mom to the rescue.

So this morning when I was dragged out of bed to his shrill demand, "needa go peepee!" I found he had already wet himself a touch while waiting for me. I pulled out some new underpants for him, but he refused to step into them! Wouldn't take his foot off the floor. I was so confused! Finally he let me in on a little subtlety of his own: "maybe I don't like them."

Oh, MAYBE, is it?

No comments: