Monday, June 23, 2014

Mof mom

I was telling Joe about the giant moths and he guessed the bigger one was actually the female, since that's more common in the animal/insect kingdom. It seems he guessed right because the giant one climbed on our patio screen door and laid a clutch of eggs! I'm no expert, but the screen door that get slammed 100 times a day and sprayed with water bottles and bubbles may not be the best location for eggs... I'll see if I can move them to a safer location tomorrow.


Wait, don't I hate moths?! Yes, yes I do - the small ones. There are MILLIONS of them in the spring! And they ALL want to dive-bomb my head! These giant moths seem different, more ancient, more special  - certainly in part because this is only the 4th I've ever seen in my LIFE; just last night I killed 4 small moths. So we shall see about that egg removal in the morning.

No comments: