Friday, July 17, 2009

Mooooooving

So, what's the deal with us moving, anyway? Are we staying? Are we going? Or are we already gone? Most people in Fort Collins are thinking "you haven't moved already? Because IIIII sure haven't seen you around here!" (thanks for the note, Erin K.! We are alive and well, but manage to be MIA every weekend so we will soon be enrolled on the Less-Active list I'm sure, if we aren't already. Perhaps we just missed the memo because we were, oh, out of town AGAIN). Well, we are STILL HERE (in Fort Collins) for the next week or two, as we are STILL WAITING to close on this house. I haven't forgotten to blog about it, I haven't even procrastinated blogging about it, I have simply AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS trying to blog about it because it's enough of a headache just thinking about it and being all emotionally wrapped up in what is termed, in the construction industry, "stick-frame;" if that doesn't make a house sound unimportant, I don't know what does. So how do I blog about this *unimportant* stick-frame headache that we are just dying to live in but that isn't even ours yet?! I don't, that's how. So I will continue here to non-blog about it and say only that as of his moment (things DO CHANGE moment-to-moment) everything is on-track (including the new garage door, finally) for us to close on the house in the middle of next week. I'll do my best to NOT keep you updated, because really nobody but US wants the details (especially when the details make me lash out irrationally at any poor family members near me), but HOPEFULLY I can give a nice overview on Thursday or something to say something along the lines of, "Hooray! We are OFFICIALLY homeowners!"

As for me, I got some sad news from Patrick. He is GREAT at animal noises (I'll post a video soon - tomorrow?) but we like to try to trip him up by asking what non-animals say. When asked what mommy says, he replied "moooooo!" Oh, the shame!

2 comments:

Psycho Dad said...

I seem to recall some of my children, as they got older, telling me not to "cow out." Is that kinda the same?

Kari and Jonathan said...

Good luck with the house (still) and we'll be waiting for a homeowner post. Maybe PJ got Mom and Aunt Kari confused :)