Friday, April 18, 2014

Harness the power of the bunny

A few years ago when we lived in Thornton and I worked at Bed, Bath and Beyond I came across a "small dog harness" and thought perhaps it would be small enough that it would fit our large bunny and we could take him on walks. I bought it, but it didn't fit, so I planned to take in some of the seams and it would work like a charm. Cut to YEARS later, to today, and I had the sewing machine out and had recently gone through my craft bin and re-discovered my good intentions of walking our bunny, so I made some magic happen! Took in every seam there was and then headed to the bunny cage - sure enough, it fit like a glove! We took Easter on some "walks" around the backyard just to get him used to the harness - mostly Easter sat and munched grass and I made sure each kid got a fair turn holding the leash while he went nowhere. Worked great! Hopefully as he gets used to it he'll be more into exploring and would actually be fun to take on a walk, but for today taking pictures was fun enough!









 

No comments: