Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September photo dump

Ethan is playing hide-and-seek this morning.

He would hear of nothing except for Ramen Noodles for breakfast. Who am I to argue with the breakfast of champions??

Driving up Pikes Peak, we had to stop for a skateboard race coming down. What a crazy way to see some action! 
Joe caught a scorpion at work and brought it home, so the kids put it in a big plastic container with a big spider to watch them battle it out. The scorpion won this round.  

Caroline traced her hand, colored it in and cut it out, then hung it on the wall as a decoration for me. Later in the day I'm not sure I like what her decoration is trying to tell me.
We took to the mountain roads for a cool drive with a cool couple on a cool fall day! I do mean cool day, we were SO cold when we got to the restaurant at the top to stop for lunch, we got hot chocolate so we could fee our fingers again! Jake and Amy Hawken are the neatest, I'm so glad we got to spend a scenic day with them.

Happy 3rd birthday, Ethan!

Another breakfast of champions: hot dogs! Ethan said "I like hot dogs," and I said, "I like hot dogs too" (though I ate pancakes for breakfast like a normal person). He countered, "You don't like hot dogs, you like spiders." Whaaaaat?!?


We went up to Parker again (MAN I like how close Parker is to Pueblo!) and spent a little time spending even LESS money at their Goodwill. These Disney-store costumes were $10 apeice! That is absolutely crazy! So Caroline (along with every other little girl in America) will be Elsa, and Ethan will be Captain Hook.

This small wading creek was the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon with the cousins. They laughed, they explored, they all fell in.

Wet Levi's are the cutest thing under the sun!

Jonathan caught a small garter snake - ewwww! The kids were pretty brave to touch and hold it. It bit Amelia on the finger and hung off, like an honest-to-goodness snake nightmare, and she didn't even flinch! Talk about brave.


Caroline made some art for her favorite guy! The whale's name is Sprouter

Eli lost his first tooth! Having a loose tooth is all he's talked about for days, so I am looking forward to a change in conversation, and he is looking forward to $1.00. 

No comments: