Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's been a while

Been a while since my last post, but I've had a bit of the blues. I figure it's a huge bummer to have the blues, so it's probably also a huge bummer to READ about someone who has the blues. I busted out the violin today, at the request of Patrick, but I cannot PLAY the blues, so we settled for "Twinkle, Twinkle" and other such kiddie songs I could pick out by ear. The hail ruining my spinach garden definitely enhanced my blues, I had seriously considered picking them this morning. Should have followed that hunch. Even our maple barely survived.

Making 4 dozen peanut butter cookies and eating 3 dozen of those today initially lifted my blues, but my pants not fitting (again) tomorrow will probably negate that good feeling and I'll be back in the blue, blue dumps. So if you're up for a party, you know who to avoid!

6 comments:

Elsha said...

Ohhhhh, peanut butter cookies sound good! I hope the blues go away soon.

Brittney and Michael said...

You are amazing, Kirsta. I hope your spinach garden recovers:)

Schmidt Family said...

I hate the blues! and the mentioned try to eat the blues away technique. It rarely works. I hope all goes better and the sun comes out to chase away your blues....

Kari and Jonathan said...

Come to Pueblo! :) hopefully with warmer weather and sunny skies the blues will be long gone!

Kathy said...

That was one crazy storm yesterday! You don't have to be blue alone. Give me a call I'll be blue with you.

Rachel said...

By way of good news, I think the Denver trip is back on! It's going to be much shorter, but still, I'm pretty excited. I'll email you when I have a minute.